During COVID-19, students are responsible for bringing their own Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Standard PPE during the pandemic will be safety glasses/goggles, N95 masks or an approved medical mask, and work gloves.
The Woodshop is available for student, staff, and faculty use once the mandatory Tier 1 training is complete. All other training is optional but strongly encouraged. Sign-up sheets for the various training tiers are located inside the entrance to the Woodshop.
Policies, procedures, and/or availabilities may change depending upon campus and State of Illinois COVID policy changes or updates.
Woodshop Hours (Spring 2021 Pandemic Hours)
All visits to the Woodshop during non-walk-in hours are by appointment only. Please contact Lowell Miller via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule appointments and training.
- Tuesday: 1pm-5pm
- Thursday: 1pm-5pm
- Monday: 12pm-5pm & 5pm-9pm
- Tuesday: 9am-12pm & 5pm-9pm
- Wednesday: 12pm-5pm & 5pm-9pm
- Thursday: 9am-12pm & 5pm-9pm
- Friday: 12pm-5pm
- Saturday: 12pm-5pm
- Sunday: 12pm-5pm
Equipment and Tools
- Felder AD941 16″ jointer/planer
- SawStop 3HP Industrial table saw
- Laguna 14SUV 3HP bandsaw, Laguna 14BX bandsaws, Jet bandsaw
- Laguna 1836 2HP lathe, Jet 1221 lathe
- Nova DVR 1.75HP Digital drill press, Jet drill press
- General Tools mortise
- Jet belt/disc sander
- Rigid oscillating spindle sander
- Supermax drum sander
- Festool Power tools (TS 55 track saw, TS 75 track saw, Kapex miter saw, ETS 125 sanders, ETS EC 125 sanders, RO90 sander, RO125 sander, DF500 loose tenon joiner, DF700 loose tenon joiner)
- Fein FMM 350 Multimaster tool
- GRIT automatic blast gate system
- Lucas Mill 8-30 w/ slabbing attachment
- Husqvarna 20″ chainsaw (2)
- Industrial Nyle systems wood kiln
- Bosch and Ryobi battery powered drills
- Chisels, mortise chisels, hand planes, and other hand tools
For all questions regarding the Woodshop, and to make an appointment, please contact Lowell Miller.