About Dr. Aminmansour
Professor Aminmansour is a faculty member in the Structures Concentration. His primary areas of research/scholarship interest include design of steel and reinforced concrete structures as well as tall buildings.
Structural Steel Design:
- Member of the Committee on Manuals of the American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC). The Committee is responsible for the contents of AISC’s Steel Construction Manual (AISC Manual), the Seismic Design Manual, and the two volume Companions to the AISC Manual.
- Member of Task Committee 4 (TC 4 – – Member Design) of the AISC Committee on Specifications
- Work adopted by AISC four times and included in the AISC Manual. Table 6-2 of the AISC Manual (referred to as the super-table) used for design of members subject to axial, shear, flexure, and combined forces is included in the AISC’s Steel Construction Manual (15th ed.) is his most recent work in the AISC Manual
- Work included in the Volume 2: Design Tables of AISC Manual Companion v15
- Received AISC’s Special Achievement Award (2015) for one of his articles that resulted in addition of a new Part (chapter) to the AISC Manual on design of members subject to combined forces
- Developing Ready2Steel, a suite of cloud-based resources for structural steel design including an integrated and comprehensive textbook; powerful and flexible calculator for interactive design of structural steel and composite members; complete solutions of member designs with charts, tables, and formulas that can be saved and/or printed and is fully integrated with the latest AISC Specification
- Current member and past Chair of the Chicago Committee on High Rise Buildings (CCHRB)
- Member of the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH)
- 2022 Fellow of the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH)
- Member of the Editorial Board of CTBUH’s International Journal of High-Rise Buildings
- Service on a number of CTBUH committees
- Member of the jury for CTBUH’s 2019 international tall building design competitions
- Interviewed for a television documentary called Skyscrapers: Engineering the Future which aired on the Science Channel in the United States. The program has been shown in other countries as well
- Invited author, Tall Building Sustainability chapter in the Encyclopedia of Sustainable Development published by Springer Nature
Dr. Aminmansour was selected as one of four international team leaders by world-renowned artists Christo and Jeanne-Claude to develop a preliminary structural design for their Mastaba project. Professor Mir Ali collaborated with Professor Aminmansour.
Professor Aminmansour is a Fellow (2005-06) of the Academic Leadership Program of the Big Ten Academic Alliance (BTAA). Per BTAA’s web site, “Established in 1989, this intensive experience develops the leadership and managerial skills of faculty who have demonstrated exceptional ability and academic promise.”
- Ph.D., Civil and Environmental Engineering (structures), Pennsylvania State University
- M.S., Architectural Engineering (Structures Option), Pennsylvania State University
- M.A., Applied Mathematics, Pennsylvania State University
- B.A., Mathematics, Kansas State University