William H. Erwin (1941-2017)
He served on the School of Architecture faculty from 1979 to 2002, teaching undergraduate structures courses and graduate-level structural design courses in concrete and soils. He was a member of the American Concrete Institute and worked as a consultant and architect in Champaign and Chicago. As an emeritus associate professor, Erwin routinely taught two graduate courses per year, most recently in spring 2015.
Erwin earned the Bachelor of Architecture degree at Illinois in 1964. The next year, he earned the Master of Science in Architectural Engineering. After earning his master’s degree, he served as a first lieutenant in the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, stationed at Fort Belvoir, Virginia, 1965-1967.
Memorials can be made to Faith United Methodist Church.